- Paving Products
Application and Design Challenges
Agencies today are caught in a squeeze between aging roadway systems and shrinking maintenance budgets. A major contributor to roadway deterioration is water beneath a pavement, which softens the sub-grade soil and destroys the structural stability of the pavement section. A pavement with a base that becomes saturated as little as 10% of the time will only have 50% of the life compared to a pavement where water is kept out of the base. Most of this water that enters the pavement section comes through cracks and pores in the pavement surface.
The following products are used for pavement rehabilitation:• , a nonwoven paving fabric, is installed in combination with an asphalt cement tack coat between lifts of asphalt. The fabric absorbs the tack coat forming a full width waterproofing membrane between the old and new pavement surfaces. Our RG4 Pavement Interlayer Fabric meets Caltrans Section 96-1.02J Paving Fabric specification.
• , a nonwoven paving fabric that is pre-saturated with asphalt cement at the factory. This is a strip product 12 inches to 36” wide that is installed centered over large pavement cracks that have been pre-filled with crack sealing products. This product is self-adhesive. This product is frequently used to waterproof bridge decks prior to paving with asphalt. Miratak MTK meets Caltrans Section 96-1.02N Geocomposite Strip Membrane specification.
• is a heavy duty, high strength geocomposite self-adhesive membrane used to reinforce and waterproof pavement cracks and joints It is available in two configurations. Standard Paveprep requires an asphalt cement tack to create adhesion to the old asphalt surface. Paveprep SA is a self-adhesive product that will stick to clean, dry asphalt as long as the temperature is 50 degrees and higher during installation.
• , Mirafi® MPM are glass fiber paving mats, that are integrally formed by intimately bonding bundles of glass fibers to a nonwoven paving fabric. This integrally formed paving mat combines the excellent reinforcing properties of glass filaments with the liquid asphalt retention capacity of a bonded light weight nonwoven paving fabric.Mirafi MPM30 meets Caltrans Section 96-1.02K Paving Mat specification.
• , Mirafi® MPG100 and MPG4 are glass fiber composite paving grids, that are manufactured by mechanically bonding bundles of glass fibers to a nonwoven paving fabric. This composite paving grid combines the excellent reinforcing properties of glass filaments with the liquid asphalt retention capacity of a mechanically bonded AASHTO nonwoven paving fabric. Mirafi MPG100 meets the Caltrans Section 96-1.02L Paving Grid, Class II & Class III specifications
• Flexible, high-strength, temperature-resistant grid for effective reinforcement of asphalt layers.
For further information please click on one of the links above or contact us via phone or email.